A Walter Gropius Bauhaus brass and ribbed opaque glass ceiling light, circa 1925.
The last picture shows a similar Bauhaus light created by Walter Gropius and Adolf Meyer — Literature Lucia Moholy, L. M. Bauhausfotografin, Bauhaus Archiv Rolf Sachsse, Meisterhäuser Dessau, Berlin, 1995, ill. no. 175. A smaller version of this ceiling light was used by Gropius and Meyer at the Faguswerke Alfeld a.d. shoe factory in Leine. It was then used by Gropius in the Meisterhauser in Dessau. Period images show that the larger version was used in the Haus Gropius in the entrance hall, the smaller being used in the main interior. The design was subsequently used in an office building in Thuringen, Germany.
Dimensions: 5.5″ high x 15.25″ wide x 8″ deep
In very good condition.
height: 5"" x width: 16" x depth: 8"